For the fourth time, Spotlight Festival transforms the Capital of the city into an open air light art exhibition.
We invite you to explore more than 25 different light art installations and projections. In addition to the historical monuments and buildings from Calea Victoriei – the central location of the festival, Spotlight extends this year’s map of events with new iconic locations in the city. The motto is “United We Shine”, celebrating 100 years since the Great Union of Romania. This year we will present the first Spotlight Video Mapping Competition on CEC Palace where you can vote for your favorite artist
Prepare to experience the metropolis in a way you have never seen before.
Birgit Zander *
Spotlight Bucharest International Light Festival 2018 Artistic Director
* Birgit Zander is the founder, producer and creative director of the Berlin Festival of Lights since 14 years. With her passion for light art and sense to create unforgettable moments, she produces light shows and festivals all over the world. Birgit Zander is proud to be part of the Spotlight Bucharest International Light Festival 2018 as artistic director.
2018 – Installations
- University SquareKrețulescu ParkRevolution SquareMusic store, Calea Victoriei 41 - 43Palace of the National Military CircleBlocul Rosenthal, Calea Victoriei 22-24General Directorate of Bucharest Police, Calea Victoriei 19BCR, Calea Victoriei 15Strada LipscaniNational Museum of Romanian History,roPod UN
2018 – Projections
- 1A Revolution SquareCalea Victoriei 107National TheaterUniversity SquareBucharest City Hall, Bd. queen Elizabeth 47Str. French 1Grand Boulevard HotelOdeon TheatreTelephone PalaceNovotel HotelCentral University Library, Road Boteanu 1Romanian AthenaeumNational History Museum Grigore Antipa NaturalSquare Arc de TriompheRomanian Lottery Palace, Calea Victoriei 9CEC Palace
- Grand Hôtel du BoulevardBiblioteca Centrală Universitară „Carol I”Muzeul Naţional de Artă al RomânieiParcul KretulescuRevolution Square, lângă Monumentul lui Iuliu ManiuCalea Victoriei, vizavi de Magazinul MuzicaNovotel Hotel, Calea VictorieiTelephone Palace, Calea VictorieiPiateta Teatrului OdeonPalace of the National Military Circle, Calea VictorieiCalea Victoriei 22, Blocul RosenthalCalea Victoriei lângă Magazinul VictoriaCalea Victoriei 15Strada Lipscani 19, vizavi de Magazinul VictoriaCEC Palace, Calea VictorieiNational Museum of Romanian History,ro, Calea VictorieiNational Lottery building windows,ro, Calea VictorieiCalea VictorieiRâul DâmbovițaCalea Victoriei colț cu Strada Franceză
- Carol I Statue, Central University Library „Carol I”Romanian National Museum of ArtThe Memorial of RebirthKrețulescu ParkRevolution SquareRomanian National Museum of ArtNovotel HotelTelephone PalaceSmall square in front of the Odeon TheaterPalace of the National Military CircleCalea Victoriei 26Calea Victoriei 21Calea Victoriei 19Calea Victoriei, Romanian Commercial Bank building (BCR)Calea Victoriei Lipscani cornerCalea Victoriei Stravopoleus cornerCalea Victoriei, No. 10University SquareCEC PalaceNational Museum of Romanian History,roFire Tower"Gheorghe Sincai"Statue genius "Lion"Piata George Enescu
- Galeria VictoriaHistory MuseumCarol I StatueMemorial Square RenaissanceKrețulescu ParkCalea VictorieiCalea VictorieiRomanian National Museum of ArtTelephone Palace facadeOdeon TheatrePalace of the National Military CircleCalea Victoriei 15Calea Victoriei 14Str Lipscani 16French Street 24The United Nations SquareHistory MuseumCEC PalaceCentral University LibraryUniversity SquareCalea Victoriei 21Romanian National Museum of ArtFacade Interior Ministry